Disposable vapes – because of their ease of use, portability, affordability, and range of different unique flavours – have become very popular among vapers or those trying to quit smoking.
Two names that consistently stand out among the multitude of disposable vaping devices currently available in the UK are Lost Mary and Crystal Bar.
If you’ve been wondering which of the two to select as your next vaping device, continue reading…
In this article, we’ll compare these two disposable vapes and help you select the device that will give you the best vape experience.
Introducing Lost Mary
Lost Mary, manufactured by Elf Bar, is one of the most popular and recognisable vape brands in the UK, never mind the world!
Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you’ve probably seen or tried their original Elf Bar 600 pods, which are always a great choice when buying a disposable vape. They are known for their stylish and unique design, impressive performance and range of delicious e-liquid flavours.
Unsurprisingly, the Lost Mary range is no different! Building on the impressive design and delectable flavours of Elf Bar’s other models, the Lost Mary range has expanded to include.
Introducing Crystal Bar
In the other corner, we’ve got the SKE Crystal Bar contender. Trusted as a brand that delivers high-quality, disposable vaping kits, SKE has a global following.
Many fans love SKE devices because of their great design, ease of use, reliability and commendable performance.
Yes, there’s only one model in this range, compared to the four in the Lost Mary series, but the SKE Crystal Bar has enough of a reputation of its own!
Now we’ve introduced these two fan-favourite disposables, let’s compare the details.
A vape device’s design is always important as it contributes to your vape’s look, functionality and usability.
Lost Mary’s Elf Bar 600 devices are offered in a range of unique and attractive designs:
- Elf Bar BM600 and BM600S: These vapes have a unique, bottle-shaped design. They come in a range of colours and are some of the smallest vapes on the market. The BM600S offers a very similar vaping experience to its predecessor, the Lost Mary BM600.
- Elf Bar QM600 and AM600: These elegant devices have a slender design, are easy to use and are perfect for beginners and more experienced vapers. With their wider, duck-billed mouthpiece, these devices provide a comfortable drag and perfectly fit the shape of your lips.
While Crystal Bar’s range of vaping devices all feature one standard design, they have that classic disposable vape look. These stylish pen-shaped devices are inhale-activated and are best for vapers who prefer a mouth-to-lung vaping style.
The standout feature of the Crystal Bar is the shimmering body and transparent mouthpiece which make these stand out from all the other disposable vapes on the market. There’s something about the crystalline appearance of these pods that just gives them the ‘wow’ factor!
No one wants to be caught with a flat battery when you crave a good puff. Therefore, another important consideration vapers have to keep in mind is their device’s battery size and life.
Lost Mary‘s Elf vapes all boast excellent battery life, allowing you to enjoy a powerful puff for hours on end. The AM600, QM600 and BM600 all feature a high-performing 550 mAh built-in battery, while the BM600S vape has a 360 mAh built-in battery but still offers around 600 puffs.
Crystal Bar‘s rechargeable vape kits come with a 500 mAh internal battery, which will – depending on your vaping frequency – last about 3-5 days.
Similar to battery life, the number of puffs you get – before replacing your disposable vape pod – also plays a big role when deciding which disposable vape to buy.
Lost Mary vapes all boast an impressive 600 puffs per 2ml disposable pod.
Each SKE Crystal Bar disposable vape kit delivers between 500 and 600 puffs per 2ml disposable pod.
Due to TPD regulations preventing the sale of disposable vapes with more than 2ml of e-liquid, this is a pretty standard puff count and is unlikely to differ much across any disposable vape sold in the UK.
Vape manufacturers also offer a variety of vape juice flavours to meet just about every user’s taste preferences.
Lost Mary vapes have a huge selection of e-liquids and flavours to choose from. Whether you are going for a classic tobacco flavour, something fruity (for those with a sweet tooth), or a puff with a menthol taste, you are bound to find your favourite flavour in this range:
- Elf Bar BM600: Boasting an impressive 34 flavours, the BM600 offers a great flavour selection. Including popular sweet flavours such as Blueberry, Sour Raspberry and Pink Lemonade, you will never run out of flavours to try.
- Elf Bar BM600S: Offering eight flavours – including Apple Watermelon, Berry Combos and Lemon Lime – to choose from, you are guaranteed to enjoy every second of your vaping with your BM600S.
- Elf Bar QM600: This disposable e-cigarette offers 18 flavours – including Blue Razz Lemonade, Cherry Ice and Marybull Ice – making the QM600 your perfect vaping companion.
- Elf Bar AM600: You have 22 flavours – including Blueberry Wild Berry, Watermelon Ice and Mad Blue – to choose from when using this Elf Bar 600 vape device.
And, as if that wasn’t enough, Crystal Bar has 42 flavours (including Strawberry Burst, Gummy Bear and Tiger Blood) to choose from.
Vapers should also be mindful of the nicotine strength of their disposable pods, as it determines the strength of the vaping device’s throat hit.
Lost Mary: The BM600, BM600S, QM600 and AM600 pods all come pre-filled with 20mg of nicotine salt e-liquid, providing a satisfying throat hit with every puff.
Crystal Bar‘s vape kits also come with 20mg of nicotine strength in every 2ml pod. Offering a great throat hit, this disposable vape is a great choice for all types of vapers.
Just like puff count, the nicotine strength of disposable vapes is pretty standard due to TPD regulations which prevent the sale of vapes with higher than 20mg nicotine.
Ultimately, the performance of your vaping device is one of the most important deciding factors when shopping for a disposable vape.
Lost Mary: The Lost Mary vaping devices are all known for their excellent performance:
- Elf Bar BM600: With its 550 mAh internal battery, this device can last you a few days, depending on how often you take a puff. One of the smallest vapes available, it has 34 delicious flavours to choose from.
- Elf Bar BM600S: With its QUAQ Mesh Coil – which promises maximum flavour output – and 360 mAh built-in battery, this device will give you endless hours of vaping pleasure. It also offers eight great vaping flavours.
- Elf Bar QM600: With its choice of 18 flavours, a high-performing 550 mAh battery and an advanced mesh coil, the QM600 is another great disposable vape.
- Elf Bar AM600: This draw-activated vaping device (with its built-in 550 mAh battery) promises vapers up to 600 satisfying puffs and comes in 22 mouth-watering e-liquid flavours.
Crystal Bar‘s range of vapes comes with a built-in 500 mAh battery to deliver vapers with up to 600 puffs per pod. With its choice of 42 e-liquid flavours, you are bound to find the Crystal Bar that’ll suit your needs. They’re also known for being long-lasting and unlikely to break, so that’s a plus for any vaper.
In the battle of Crystal Bar vs. Lost Mary, it is difficult to pick a clear winner as both disposable vape options offer excellent functionality and usability.
Your choice between which one of the two you’re going to pick depends largely on your specific vaping needs and preferences. Ultimately, much of it comes down to the flavours offered and the design of the kit itself, as features like number of puffs and nicotine strength are pretty similar between the two.
If you’re still not 100% sure about which device to choose, don’t sweat it! Contact Legion of Vapers today for guidance on purchasing disposable vapes, vape products and e-liquids that’ll fit your lifestyle and needs.